PRAY, GOD WILL ANSWER YOU!


“What a friend we have in Jesus,  all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry everything to  God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we  bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” –  (Joseph M. Scriven)

[👋🙋💃 Hi! Don't understand English? You can read this page in FrenchSpanishRussianetc..Go to Home. Click Menu. Click Translate and choose your language. Have a great read!]

These lyrics of the first stanza of a popular  hymn written by Joseph Scriven communicate to us the profound truth of  God’s wonderful relationship with man. The fact that an Almighty and  Sovereign God, creator of the universe, would stoop low to listen to  lowly beings as we are is indeed a great privilege that should cheer us.  God is indeed very mindful of us and cares about the situations we are  in and very readily comes to help us out when we call on him. Though He  dwells in highest heavens, He hears even the faintest cry for help of  His dear children anywhere they may be on the face of the earth. The  Psalmist, King David, knew this fact about God and he declared “O God,  it is right for us to praise you in Zion and keep our promises to you,  because you answer prayers.” (Psalm 65:1-2) This great king of Israel  knew the wonderful privilege he had to call upon the Lord and receive  direction and instructions in every course of his life. In most  distressing moments, when suffering the loss of his house, property,  wives and children to the attack of marauding amalekites, it was his  prayer to God that brought God’s intervention and the recovery of his  losses (1 Samuel 30: 1-20). Little wonder that God always helped him and  he never lost a battle with enemy nations and was the most successful  and accomplished king Israel ever had. It is a true saying that “they  that kneel before God (in prayer) will stand before any man or  situation”. Friend, it is a privilege to talk with God in prayer, but  why do we suffer needless pain and sorrows trying to fix the issues of  our lives all by ourselves. Let us take it all to God in prayer and we  shall have the testimony of His hearing and answering our prayers.

I also have a testimony of God’s wonderful answer of my prayers. On a  daily basis, I have witnessed His mighty hand reach out to help me  through life situations. On Thursday, the 5th day of March 2015, I had  gone to a Courier service station in Calabar to receive a parcel sent  for my company from Lagos, Nigeria. After I had picked up the parcel, I  boarded a Taxi cab to a bus point enroute my place of work. As I  alighted the Taxi cab at the Bus stop, I forgot the parcel I had kept in  the Taxi’s booth, and I only remembered it some minutes after the Taxi  cab had left. I looked every direction to see if I could track the  particular cab I had boarded, but this was very difficult to do amidst  the stream of very many other similar taxi cabs. After minutes of  fruitless search, I had no clue what else I could do to track a cab I  did not know the vehicle number or its driver’s particulars. I began to  pray as I stood at this junction. I asked God to help me bring the  driver back to me with parcel. I had been there about an hour praying  and looking out to see the cab. As I kept praying, I asked God to direct  me on what to do, and then I had the strong persuasion in my mind to  take another cab to the bus stop at the point I had come from, which was  God leading me on what to do. As I got back to that bus stop, I again  looked out for the cab. I kept praying and all of a sudden the cab pulled up in front of me to carry me. The driver could not recognize me  so I had to introduce myself again to be a passenger he had picked about  two hours previously. He confirmed my identity and I was able to pick  up the parcel. I began to praise God for this recovery, and for His  leading me in the time of helplessness and perplexity.  The items I had  in that parcel were so valuable and costly, in fact, a set of 1000V VDE  tools I had in that parcel was the only remaining set that could be  purchased from International Tools company in Lagos at that time. This  is one of the times I have had God answer me in very difficult  situations when I prayed, and indeed I can say that God makes impossible  situations possible.

 Dear friend, you have a great privilege to  call on the helper of the helpless, the healer of the sick, the  deliverer of the oppressed, the strength of the weak, the comforter of  the mourning. The Lord Jesus Christ, our savior, and the only one in  whose name God hears and answers our prayer, is a very dependable  friend. He is the High Priest who mediates our case before God, and He  can very well do so because He feels what we feel and knows all about  our struggles (Hebrews 4:14 – 16). He loves us so much that He willingly  laid down His life and shed His blood to wash away our sins and  reconcile us to God almighty. He beckons us to pray to God and present  all matters in His name, so that we can receive answers and have the  fullness of joy (John 16:24). We have no need to fight a battle we can  never win by our strength and power, for we wrestle not against flesh  and blood(humans or physical things) but against principalities and  powers of Satan’s dark kingdom (Ephesians 6:12). We need to call on the  Lord to save us from the onslaught of the wicked one. In every trial and  circumstance you face, understand that Satan is behind it and only God  can rescue you, therefore pray and call upon God. God will surely answer  you that in your deliverance and well being you will praise and give  glory to His holy name. But you may say I do not know how to pray, hence  I tell you by the truth of scripture that God is our Father and we can  talk with Him just as we would to our earthly fathers (Matthew 6: 9).  Come to Him reverently and be free to speak out what you feel, but start  with thanksgiving of what He had done in the past, ask for His mercy  and then tell Him your needs. He will hear you and He will answer you.  You may say,’ but I do not feel right or holy enough to approach a Holy  God”, and I tell you again by truth of scripture that though God is  under no obligation to answer the prayer of a sinner, yet if you come to  Him in genuine repentance and through trust in the sacrifice of Jesus  Christ for your sake, He will indeed hear you and answer you. And you  may say “Will he answer me if I were on the road and not in Church”, and  I can again tell you by the authority of scripture, that God is there  right where you are and He will answer you anytime you call (1  Thessalonians 5:17).

 Let us suffer no more the needless pain by  negligence of prayer. Let us pray and God will answer us. Let God be  your first and last resort. If you are sick, pray before ever you think  of taking medication. Pray before you take any decisions, and you can be  sure you can never get it wrong. Friends let us not live below our  privileges. We have God’s throne room open to us and His rich store open  to meet all our needs at just the beck and call of our moving lips in  prayer, let us take the opportunity and have the blessings. Let us  therefore” have confidence, then, and approach God’s throne where there  is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just  when we need it” (Hebrews 4:16).


Have you been blessed reading this article? Do you wish to share your experience reading this with me? You can contact me via geraldinyang@gmail.com or WhatsApp @ +2347037531746. If you will like other people to read this message or other messages on this blog, please feel free to click "Share" on your platforms. Let us partner to impact lives for Christ - be my partner! God bless you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE "BUT" IS THE ISSUE!

A GOOD BLEND OF LOVE AND FEAR!

GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY?

THANK GOD, NOT YOUR STARS!

DO YOU DRESS TO KILL?