THE BEST OFFER EVER!



It is often said that the best things in life are free. A very good example of such best things is the air we breathe. Imagine we had to pay for every milliliter of air we breathe, I don’t think even the richest men could pay for it. I noticed that Facebook has a peculiar caption on its Log on page which states “Free, and always shall be free”. I wondered how Facebook could offer such services of connecting people on a social platform without a charge. I also couldn’t understand how Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, made his money nor how Facebook group could be listed in the Stock Exchange if it was actually “free”. Well, now I know it takes partnership with major companies like General Motors(GM) and charges on advertorials to get us a “free” Facebook. Such is the nature of free things; they are free because someone has paid for it.


[👋🙋💃 Hi! Don't understand English? You can read this page in FrenchSpanishRussianetc..Go to Home. Click Menu. Click Translate and choose your language. Have a great read!]

Friends, I have a great offer I like to let you know about. Interestingly, this offer is implicitly and explicitly free of charge. Quite unlike the Facebook offer, this offer I shall tell you of is free for all category of men, the rich and the poor alike, free for Businessmen and students, free for the European as well as the Asian, the Arab and the African. This offer is not discriminatory of gender; it is free for all men and women. Now, please carefully read the details of this offer and ensure you take advantage of it: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11 verse 28-30). This is the best and greatest offer ever made to man and yet made so free so all men could benefit from it. These are the words of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, and they are great words of promise. In these few lines of scripture is contained an offer that will transform your life for the best. This is the only offer that can guarantee rest for your soul, and it would be a great disservice to you if you never took advantage of this great offer.

Rest for the body has been a very important need of man. Many people suffer many and frequent body system breakdown because they never get to rest the body. In many instances, all that Medical Doctors had to prescribe for their patients is to take a nap or get into admission in the hospital for some days, just so they can get some rest and be withdrawn from the ever busy world of business or pleasure. Rest is so important that even machines need it. A perpetual motion machine having the capacity to operate continuously without a stop is yet to be invented, hence all machines need a rest time, at least for routine maintenance. However, rest can be very costly to get, if ever the opportunity is present. The cost of embarking on a holiday trip to a resort may be enough to scare away people from considering the option. Certainly many a businessman or workaholic is bound to see a rest period as a man-hour loss. But I have good news for you, there is a rest more important than the rest for your body, it is the rest for your soul and your spirit, and the Lord Jesus Christ offers it to you today, free of charge. He said all you need to do to get this rest is to come to Him and take up His yoke. You need no special qualifications to come, whosoever you are, you are welcome to receive this great offer.

There are many things that trouble the soul and the spirit of man, far more than you can count those which trouble our bodies. The first trouble of the soul is the guilt of sin. No matter the effort man makes to deaden his conscience, he can never escape that internal voice of condemnation within him. There are many who may turn a new leaf, and stop some bad habits, yet there is still a guilt that hangs heavy on their minds over the sins of the past. Obviously, there can be no rest for the sinner. But Jesus says today, come to me you who labor and are heavy pressed down by the weight of your sins, and I will give you rest. He has paid all your penalty for sin having died for your sins over 2000 years ago, and now God can forgive you your sins all because of Jesus Christ, and the devil loses all evidence he had against you, hence your conscience receives rest from guilty fears. God no longer remembers your sins, therefore you have peace with God (Isaiah 43 verse 25). Come unto me He says to you who have struggled so hard to break that habit of sin in your life and failed every time, I will give you my Power to overcome your fleshly lusts and the tempter’s bait, I will give you rest!

Another great trouble of man’s soul and spirit is the looking forward to an eternal dwelling place out of this body. Many may never want to consider where they will spend eternity because all men know that it will be one of two places, Heaven or Hell, and hence they look and can see nothing but hell, a place of sorrows and agonies awaiting them forever. This is a great trouble for the soul, but our Lord Jesus Christ says, come unto me and I will give you rest, eternal rest. He says,”Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s House are many rooms, and I go to prepare a place for you” (John 14 verse 1-3). It is such a rest that men and women have had that they trembled not when the time to depart this world was nigh, rather they rejoiced they were at last to see their lover, the Lord Jesus Christ. You too can have this rest if only you will come to Jesus Christ today.

Then there are situations that trouble our body, soul and spirit, the heavy load and burdens of life weigh hard on us. For some it is the sickness of the body, for some the sickness of the mind, for some it is the yoke of perpetual sorrows, failures at the edge of breakthrough, disappointments, nightmares, financial hardships and poverty, marital conflicts and divorce, broken homes, and on goes the list of things that daily trouble our lives, but I have good news today for you, our Lord Jesus Christ says, “Come to me and I will give you rest”. He is a Saviour who saves to the uttermost all that come to Him (Hebrews 7 verse 25). He is the Healer of all diseases, even those that the Doctors have said to be incurable. He is a strong deliverer for those who are oppressed of the devil. He will set you free today and restore you to that glorious eternal destiny He ordained for you before you were born. There shall be an end to your sorrows and pains. You who have been weeping and finding no help, come to the Helper who will relieve your burdens. Why let that trouble keep on, when you have got such a great offer of rest from the Saviour? Ask those who ever came to Jesus Christ and there will always have this testimony that He gave them rest. O how great are the lines of that hymn written by Horatius Bonar (1846) which read thus:

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down,
Thy head upon My breast.”
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting-place,
And He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“I am this dark world’s Light.
Look unto Me; thy morn shall rise
And all thy day be bright.”
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that Light of Life I’ll walk
Till traveling days are done.

O dear friend, Jesus Christ is calling you today, can you hear His voice? If only you will not let the vain things of this world stop you from coming, you shall also have this testimony. Spend no more your life looking for rest outside Jesus where it can never be found. Here again is that great promise of God; “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink..even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk..it’s all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does no good? Listen to me and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food” (Isaiah 55:1-2). This indeed is the best offer ever!

Are you ready now to surrender your soul to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and receive this great gift of Salvation from God? Pray now and confess this:
"My God I come to you today in the name of Jesus Christ. I confess that I am a sinner. I have disobeyed and sinned against you. Please forgive my sins today. I believe in Jesus Christ and surrender my life to Him today. Save me and make me your child today. I thank you God for saving my soul in Jesus Christ name. Amen".

If you have made that prayer, please write to me at geraldinyang@gmail.com for encouragement and counsel. God bless you.


Have you been blessed reading this article? Do you wish to share your experience reading this with me? You can contact me via geraldinyang@gmail.com or WhatsApp @ +2347037531746. If you will like other people to read this message or other messages on this blog, please feel free to click "Share" on your platforms. Let us partner to impact lives for Christ - be my partner! God bless you.

Get your Bibles, inspirational books and many more resources to boost your faith @ ChristianBooks.com [Click Here..]



Get more resources here to help you [Click Here.]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE "BUT" IS THE ISSUE!

A GOOD BLEND OF LOVE AND FEAR!

GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY?

THANK GOD, NOT YOUR STARS!

DO YOU DRESS TO KILL?